Kinesiology: Your Body Already Knows the Answer

Within each of us is a natural bio-feedback system. Our bodies are constantly relaying information through nerve pathways. Muscle response testing enables us to utilize our neurophysiological system to identify and release mental, emotional, and energetic imbalances in the body.

Kinesiology Quick Guide

  • Kinesiology utilizes your neurological system as a communication tool to assess what’s going on within your body and mind.
  • Kinesiology enables us to identify and release imbalances that cause inner conflict, stress, pain, and illness.
  • Muscle response testing allows us to access information that is not available to your conscious mind.
  • Your body already knows what it needs to heal and optimize. Kinesiology facilitates your natural healing process.

Kinesiology combines both eastern and western healing modalities.

Grounded in anatomy and physiology, Kinesiology utilizes muscle testing with the principles of Chinese medicine to identify stress and imbalances in your system so that you can optimize your healing and return to your natural state of vibrant health and energy.

Our bodies are constantly relaying information through nerve pathways. By using the Straight Arm Muscle Response Test (MRT), we utilize our neurophysiological system as a communication tool to identify and release mental, emotional, and energetic imbalances in the body.

The History of Applied Kinesiology/Muscle Testing

Muscle testing is a form of biofeedback that allows one to detect changes within a muscle’s strength or weakness due to the neurological signal that’s being sent, and thus communicate with the body-mind system.

Back in 1912, Dr. Robert Lovett used muscle testing to evaluate disability caused by polio and other neuromuscular diseases. He developed a system for grading the strength of muscles by rating the force generated against external resistance.

Nationally renowned husband and wife physical therapists Henry and Florence Kendall furthered the practice by refining the techniques and in the 1940s and 50’s wrote books with detailed records from 12,000 cases. The Kendalls helped draft the bill that established standards and licensing procedures for physical therapists, and opened the first private physical therapy practice in the world, and traveled around the nation giving talks.

Then in the 1960s Dr. George Goodehart found correlations with reflexes, certain muscles, and the meridian system (energy pathways) and used muscle testing as a way to diagnose these connections. His discoveries led to a totally new system of healing, called Applied Kinesiology.

Since then, we’ve discovered that physical, mental, emotional, biochemical, and electromagnetic stress change the body’s energy field and nervous system, which affects a muscle’s strength or weakness. Any muscle within the body can be tested, but most practitioners utilize a simple generalized test called the arm muscle test.

To test a person’s arm, the practitioner applies slow, gradual, gentle pressure just above the wrist for approximately 2 seconds in order to note the difference in muscle strength in response to specific stimuli.

Using this simple arm muscle test, applied kinesiology practitioners can muscle test a client as they say certain words, belief statements, and even think certain thoughts to see what causes the client’s body to remain strong vs. what causes their body to weaken. When a client says something that is untrue, lacks congruence, or causes stress in their system, it causes their muscles to go weak. When a client says something that is true, life-affirming, and congruent within their body-mind system, their muscles remain strong.

Some practitioners utilize applied kinesiology to test which foods, medications, vitamins, and herbs are best for their client/patient, and which items should be avoided as they cause their client’s/patient’s body to weaken.

Your subconscious mind and you (…but it’s really your subconscious mind)

It’s only 5% of the time that we are consciously aware of what we are doing and thinking. The other 95% (some scientists tout 98%) of the time, our subconscious mind is running on automatic.

The #1 mistake people make when they’e trying to figure out what’s wrong or create  a new thought pattern or habit is that they are addressing their conscious mind rather than their subconscious, where beliefs and habits are constantly replaying in a loop.

Your subconscious mind and you 

Can you believe that we are consciously aware of what we’re thinking and doing only 5% of the time?! The other 95% (some scientists even tout 98%), our subconscious mind is running the show in automatic mode. It’s the subconscious that constantly replays our thoughts and perpetuates our habits in a repetitive loop.

It’s like our conscious mind is a penny on a rail road track, and our subconscious is the locomotive. Do you think that penny is going to knock the train off it’s tracks? Not a chance! That train is going full speed ahead and will demolish that penny and anything else in it’s way!

The #1 mistake people make when they’e trying to figure out what’s wrong or create a new thought pattern or habit is that they address their conscious mind rather than their subconscious. This is why talk therapy and affirmations never work. We must get beneath the surface to figure out what’s really going on, and make real, lasting changes. We have to go deep!

The PSYCH-K® process with Kelli is incredibly powerful. I was able to handle several issues which had been holding me back for years in a single session.

I highly recommend it if you are seeking clarity on some aspect of your inner life, or need a breakthrough to move forward with your dreams.

The shifts that I’ve made have endured. It feels like magic!

– Lelia C.

Change your subconscious loop and you can change anything.

From the time you were born, you have been seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, touching, and feeling the world. The supercomputer of YOU contains all of this information at the subconscious level. By muscle testing, we’re able to ask your subconscious mind questions and actually get a response!

It’s a way to communicate with yourself like never before. We are able to pinpoint what needs healing, identify the limiting subconscious beliefs that are holding you back, and create new, lasting, positive beliefs and habits quickly and verifiably.